Its hard for people without depression to understand when some days that just dropping a cup of water will bring you to tears because they think oh this is just one little thing but you see it as oh my god I can’t even get water without fucking up and now I’ve made a huge mess I shouldn’t even try
things not to say to a cutter:
- I’ve seen worse
- cover them up
- why don’t you just stop?
- promise not to do it again
- if you do it again, I’ll tell
- if you loved me, you wouldn’t do that
- you’re just an attention seeker
- there is no need to cut yourself, you have a good life
- why do you do it?
- don’t demand to see someone’s cuts
- don’t demand to see someone’s scars
- don’t try to change the subject if they bring it up
the other day we were discussing dating and this one dude was like “I don’t see the big deal why can’t people just ask people out without all the fuss” and another guy was like “well you get nervous and you get butterflies in your stomach ya know” and the first dude looked the other dude straight in the eye and said “DIGEST THEM.”